This is our version of the classic early computer game "Breakout" ( itself a development of the even earlier "Pong" game - we prefer that name ) where a player controls a bar that knocks a ball or puck around the screen.
In our version of Pong/Breakout, there are 3 types of bricks for you to break: green bricks are worth just 2 points; yellow bricks are worth a whopping 50 points; breaking white bricks, which are worth 10 points, wins you a math question from the topic you have chosen.
You start with 5 lives. If the ball goes below the paddle, you lose a life and 200 points. The game ends when you answer all 10 questions or lose all your lives.
- This version of Pong is a one player game to learn or revise math
- Our PONG for math is a scoring game - play a few times and set a personal best score!
- Addictive! You may end up trying to avoid the white bricks so that you can play for longer...
Mix and match * Four in a row * The frog flies * Duck shoot
The beetle and the bee * Pong * Cat and mouse
Sow grow * Rock fall * Choose or lose
- Select the PONG game from the games selection page.
- On the settings page there are brief instructions on how to play.
- Click on PLAY to enter the game screen.
- The clock starts when the bell rings.
- Move your mouse (or finger tap or drag in the white bar for touch screens) to move your paddle left and right.
- Knock the ball back up the screen to break the bricks.
- You start with 1000 points and 5 lives.
- You lose 1 point every 2 seconds.
- 200 points are deducted from your score for each life lost
- Green bricks score 2 point, yellow bricks score 50 points, white bricks score 10 points and open the question screen.
- For each question click/tap on the correct answer or enter it using the keyboard.
- Wrong answers lose you 25 points but correct answers win you 50 points.
- Continue breaking bricks and answering questions until you have cleared all the question bricks.
- The game also ends if you lose all 5 of your lives.